Part Time - Health Care
Who is this Qualification for?
The certificate is designed to give learners the opportunity to investigate a work role in the health sector and to
provide the underpinning knowledge needed to work effectively.The course is ideal for those who work in, or want to work
in a generic role within the health sector.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners must be of 19 years of age or over.
There are no specific prior learning requirements for this qualification, however each learner will undertake an initial
assessment in English and maths.
How much does the training cost?
For information on course costs and available grants please visit our Course Funding and Grants Page.
Alternatively call: 01642 804000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How will these qualifications benefit me?
The course will enable learners of all abilities to flourish and apply their own knowledge, skills and enthusiasm to
enhance existing skills and develop new skills that will provide significant enrichment to a variety of job roles in the
health sector. This qualification aims to give learners the opportunity to investigate a work role in the health sector
and to provide the underpinning knowledge needed to work effectively.
Each unit studied will give a balance of practical activities, knowledge and the opportunity to engage in personal
reflection, some of which may be theoretical in nature.
How will this qualification improve my career prospects?
- By developing an understanding of the communication skills necessary for working in the health sector.
- By highlighting the importance of professional safety & security in a healthcare environment.
- By emphasising the importance of workplace policies and procedures and how to respond to emergency situations.
- By developing the ability to contribute to service improvements in the health sector.
- By demonstrating how to carry out evaluative work, identify issues and improvements and implement changes to practice.
- By gaining an understanding of how to deliver quality standards of service.
What will I study on the course?
This qualification consists of 6 mandtory units:
- 01 - Communication skills for working in the health sector
- 02 - People and personal development in the health sector
- 03 - Health, safety & security in the health sector
- 04 - Service improvement in the health sector
- 05 - Maintaining quality standards in the health sector
- 06 - Equality & diversity in the health sector
How long will it take?
The qualification will be studied over 5 weeks, 2 days per week, however there may be variations in study period
depending upon the venue you choose to study.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is the process of measuring the learners' skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the
qualification. Each candidate is required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates all learning outcomes
associated with each unit. This may be achieved by:
- Witness Testimony
- Written or verbal discussion
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCEE Level 2 Award in Substance Misuse
- NCEE Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
- NCFE Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 3 Diploma in Allied Health Profession Support
- Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care
View or Download the Course details document
For further information contact: email@example.com
Or call: 01642 804000
How do I apply?
Email or Call our team who will advise you on the application process. Alternatively, click the button below to apply online