Full Time - Streetworks Excavation and Re-Instatement (6156) NRSWA
The New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) requires that anyone who executes, works for, or on behalf of a utility company,
is qualified for the activities being carried out. Any street works site must have at least one qualified operative on
site at all times during works, and the site must have a qualified supervisor appointed to the site who can oversee the
Who is this Qualification for?
This qualification is for those employed in carrying out and monitoring works on the highway and cover a range of skills
from those who need to safeguard their work by signing lighting and guarding to carrying out excavation and re-instatement
work. They are available for both operators and supervisors.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners should have a good level of English, however no formal qualifications are required.
How much does the training cost?
For information on course costs and available grants please visit our Course Funding and Grants Page.
Alternatively call: 01642 804000 or email email@example.com
How will this qualification improve my career prospects?
The qualification provides routes to registration or re-registration on the Street Works Qualifications Register (SWQR)
required under the New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991. Re-registration is required every 5 years.
What will I study on the course?
A single unit or a combination of the following units to meet the learners needs:
- 001-Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus
- 002-Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- 003-Excavation in the Highway
- 004-Reinstatement and Compaction of Backfill Materials
- 005-Reinstatement of Sub-Base and Road Base in Non-Bituminous Materials
- 006-Reinstatement in Cold-Lay Bituminous Materials
- 007-Reinstatement in Hot-Lay Bituminous Materials
- 008-Reinstatement of Concrete Slabs
- 009-Reinstatement of Modular Surfaces
- 010-Monitoring Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- 011-Monitoring Excavation in the Highway
- 012-Monitoring Re-instatement and Compaction of Backfill Materials
How long will it take?
Attendance is a minimum of 2 days per unit. Depending on how many units you may require in order to carry out your job.
Time 09.30 to 16.30 daily.
How will I be assessed?
The course programme will involve classroom study and simulated practical assessment. Assessment is a combination of
practical skills assessment and a series of paper based questions on each unit that the learner has chosen.
View or Download the Course details document
For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call: 01642 804000
How do I apply?
Email or Call our team who will advise you on the application process. Alternatively, click the button below to apply online