Air Blown Fibre Installation and Maintenance
Air Blown Fibre (ABF) is a cost effective solution, provides speed of installation and is a greener solution compared to copper cable. The system uses a compressed air installation method and is capable of blowing single coated fibres or bundles of fibre through a route of bends and twists. The fibre units are only blown into the ducts as they are needed, allowing the blown fibre system to develop as the network needs to expand.
Who is this Qualification for?
Individuals who are currently working within the telecommunications industry with the need to upskill their knowledge or those seeking new work or employment in the telecommunications industry. This course is also suitable for employers who are looking to upskill their workforce to become Emtelle approved installers.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners should have a good level of English, however no formal qualifications are required.
How much does the training cost?
For information on course costs and available grants please visit our Course Funding and Grants Page.
Alternatively call: 01642 804000 or email email@example.com
How will this qualification improve my career prospects?
This course will help those learners who wish to enter the air blown Fibre industry. The qualification provides knowledge & skills of the air blown fibre system to the required industry standards. Learners will also become a registered Emtelle Installer.
What will I study on the course?
This qualification covers the following units:
- Tube Bundles – different types of tube bundles and identification of primary tubes
- Handling, deploying and testing of tube bundles
- Health & Safety procedures
- Fibre bundles – stripping and handling techniques
- Blowing equipment and operation
- Blowing techniques including point-to-point, centre blowing and onward blowing
- Maintenance of the blowing equipment and changing blowing head to accommodate different fibre sizes
- Choosing maximum blowing distances for certain tube and fibre combinations
- Installation of Emtelle approved closures
- New Roads and Street Works Act ( NRSWA) – Unit 2
- Develop Own Effectiveness and Professionalism
- Air Blown Fibre Overview
- CSCS Card (Blue Skilled Worker)
- Information, Advice and Guidance
- CV Workshops
How long will it take?
Attendance is for 2.5 days starting at 09.30 and finishing 16.30 daily.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is a combination of practical & theoretical activities with a multiple choice question paper.
View or Download the Course details document
For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call: 01642 804000
How do I apply?
Email or Call our team who will advise you on the application process. Alternatively, click the button below to apply online